There is a lady in the Zentangle class I am taking who has done some beautiful cards on watercolour paper using watercolour and tangles. I bought some watercolour cards yesterday and this is an idea I found on the internet so I used the bottle template and added watercolours and tangles. It is 5" x 7".
This is the Diva Weekly Challenge No. 156 - "Curvy Gridlock". I started with an Aquafleur string then added some uneven grids then filled then in with, Knights Bridge, Bales, Chard, 'Nzeppel and Moving Day.
This is my first time at doing the challenge "It's a String Thing". This is No. 28. I used Tangle Patterns String 014 on some tan watercolour paper that I had put 3 colours of watercolour paint onto. I used Jeewels, Jelly Roll, Jemz, Jessicup and Jetties as per challenge.
I put some blue watercolour on the new beige watercolour paper for the background. I started with a variation of Crescent Moon, adding sparkle and perfs. I then drew in Arrowheads and coloured some of the sections with various blue pens I have. I made one Showgirl then added a variation of Bales. I then added Mooka and some fillers and highlighted the tile with a white Jellyroll pen.
I picked up a sheet of this watercolor paper in Qualicum at the art store. I used orange and yellow watercolours for the roses. I used my white Jellyroll pen to highlight the orbs and a charcoal white pencil for the highlight on the roses.
I used Tangle Patterns String # 092. I tried to use lots of white space in each tangle. There seemed to be too much white space around the outer edges so I used distress ink to try and make them appear smaller. I also used a green pen for the background Tipple on the Poke Leaf. The tangles I used are: Splice, Poke Leaf, Bales, Aquafleur and Tripoli. Marie at Zentangle.com had a lesson way back when on how much black to use. I think I need to review that because I feel this Zentangle needs more black.
I tangled in this string and then found that there was way too much white space around the edges. I tried adding some watercolour but it still didn't look right so I added the border. I drew this string on another tile to use and I left a lot of white space there too. If I use this string again I will fill the tile so there is hardly any white space. Funny that the Diva Challenge today is about white space. I tangled this tile yesterday and added the border this morning.
Deanette came down from Fort St. John with my son and she seemed very interested in learning how to tangle so I made up a kit for her and worked her through a tile. This is the sample that I did while I showed her. I added the Bunzo and Cadent after she left. I showed her Crescent Moon, Knights Bridge, Tipple, Hollybough and Poke Root and Poke Leaf. Deanette does scrapbooking so I told her that she could apply some of the tangle patterns to that craft. I was impressed with her tile when she finished it.
This is the 3rd heart that was given to us to tangle on by CZT Nancy Dawes in the second Zentangle class. I used a gray Tombow marker for the background and a white Jellyroll pen and some of the white charcoal pencil.
Diva Weekly Challenge # 153: UMT v.24 "Jailed Johnny - by Sadelle Wiltshire, CZT". I drew some of the Jailed Johnny's with curved jail posts into a circle and they looked like petals of a flower so added some Mookas and berries. I added some distress ink for the edges.