Friday, August 24, 2012

 Zendala Dare No. 20.   I started with a splash background with a stamp pad.  I used Vortex, Zebra and Verve and then went back into the Zentangle with ink from the stamp pad and my blender pen.  The background technique is from the internet.  You smear some stamp pad ink (they used distress ink) onto plastic, spray it with water then dab your paper onto that.  You then dry the paper with a hair dryer and when the paper is dry you dab the paper back into the ink and then let it dry naturally.  You get a two-toned effect.  It didn't work as well with regular stamp pads as it did with the distress inkpad.  This one was done with a regular stamp pad.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, your background technique add a whole other dimension. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I will have to try the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely clean lines - great idea for a splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice line work and I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! It has an art deco feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I especially love the outer pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful; I really like your background technique. Would work well for cards and rubber stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great background to add character and feel to the beautiful zendala!

    ReplyDelete